Thursday, March 10, 2005

The Crowe Conspiracy

I'm feeling better, thank you for asking, and haven't seen much to write about in book news. The new Harry Potter cover. Yawn. So instead I decided to tackle a subject that was hitting the wires last evening. The reports that Al Qaeda wanted to kidnap Russell Crowe in order to destablize America. Apparently in the March issue of GQ, Crowe comes clean (finally!) about the 2001 kidnapping threat. Apparently the Crowe-kidnap-caper was nixed in favor of ramming two airplanes in the World Trade Center, one in the Pentagon, and one into the Capitol. So, I'm thinking, okay, WTC (Pentagon)... Russell Crowe....WTC (Pentagon)...Russell Crowe. We would have lost out on A Beautiful Mind, and Master and Commander, but you know, this was after the whole Meg Ryan-Dennis Quaid break-up, so it's not like we'd be losing you know, Tom Hanks, for instance. Or Dustin Hoffman. Would America have gone to war in Afghanistan over Russell Crowe? Would the FAA have grounded planes over Russell Crowe? Would the FCC have fined Howard Stern over Russell Crowe?

Just thinking, that's all....

And tomorrow morning, I'll be heading out to take the Robert McKee Story seminar. Robert McKee is the writing coach character in the movie, Adaption, and I've heard him speak once before at a conference. I'm hoping to come home with my book written (bwahahahahaha, that's the cold medication talking). Anyway, I'll be away until Tuesday when I'll report back.

Toodles.
Kathleen, snow-bound in New York

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Erm...not to mention the fact that he's not even American.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Spoken like a true Aussie!!! LOL. Yes, I'm assuming Al Quaeda was willing to overlook that....

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home