Sunday, February 13, 2005

More on Charles and Camilla

The New York Times has a little more to say on the romance between Charles and Camilla, and they've got a quote from Nora in there:
Of course, old-fashioned romantics are unlikely to break out the hankies for Charles and Camilla.

"When you take it back to its core, he did a very unloving thing, and she was married to someone else, too," said Nora Roberts, the romance novelist. "How many people are you going to hurt to have what you want? I find that very selfish, and love and romance shouldn't be selfish."

I'm not energized enough to write much more on this, and Sunday is my reading the paper and watching Meet The Press day.

However, I'm not sure that Charles shouldn't get brownie points for putting his country before his love. Just saying....

3 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

It's all so very juicy, isn't it! It would have been so much more tidy if there had been no adultery in the mix but hey, it's real life, after all. I do take issue with the divorce lawyer who calls Camilla a "pumpkin". As I understand, she's quite vivacious and doesn't lack for male admirers (and hence didn't meet the prerequisite for 'virgin princess'). It's more epic than category romance - they made bad choices but true love won at the end (and hey, we wouldn't have Prince William, otherwise).

2:48 PM  
Blogger thewriterslife said...

I know what you're saying, Kathleen. I got caught up in all this tabloid news about Charles and Camilla, also. I know it's not what everyone wants to hear, but it's the classic example of a twin soul relationship, hard as that is to admit.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I think so, too....

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home