Tuesday, October 19, 2004

A diversionary rant

Am I the only one who is tired of being treated like an idiot by our politicians? And I'm being completely bipartisan when I say this. Both Democrats and Republicans alike are treating the other side like morons. And I'm sorry, but not every person in the U.S. of A. is an incompetent moron! I don't want to hear from Kerry that Bush will bring back the draft, nor do I want to hear from Bush (Cheney, actually) that a Kerry inauguration will cause an immediate release of Al-Queda bombs.

I'm tired of the media being all-Bush or all-Kerry. I'm tired of hearing sound-bytes about voter fraud and the hijacking of the election BEFORE IT'S EVEN HAPPENED. Does anyone ever consider that the reason the election is close, is not because the other-side is the anti-Christ, but because the two candidates each have their own pros and cons?

I used to enjoy the Daily Show, because he was an equal-opportunity fun-poker. Not anymore. Jon, your bias is showing! I watch your show to laugh and sense that you share my humor at the situation. And then there's the staunch pro-Bush group that stands in righteous indignation between the cross and the NRA.

I want to decide my own vote. I don't want Michael Moore or Bill O'Reilly to tell me who to vote for. Why should I? I'm not a cow, nor a sheep.

ACK!!!! How many days until this election is OVER???? 14 days, right? And then they have to count it, and they say it's going to be just like 2000. Let me put my hands over my ears.

ICANTHEARYOUICANTHEARYOUICANTHEARYOU.......

ahem. sorry just needed to have a little Andy Rooney moment.

In publishing news, the Booker Prize was announced to a collective yawn by all but five members of the free world. MJ Rose has a new piece on literary awards and suggestions about injecting new life into the industry.

It's a rainy, bleary, gloomy New York. Hoping for a nicer Wednesday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

James,

I'm back to being a Daily Show Fan. And you are right, Bush gives comedians a lot more comedic opportunities that Kerry ever would. In fact, I'm positively sure they're counting their blessings that Bush won. Got to love a country with equal-opportunity ridiculing. :)

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home