Thursday, September 23, 2004

That's Entertainment

Every now and then there comes a time of perfect entertainment. Last night was such a time. I'm not a huge TV watcher; mainly the news and a few shows here and there, but last night I watched for a good three hours. Lost, the new ABC show. Excellent premise, very scary. I even hid my face in one part, because I KNEW the boogey-man was going to show up. Then I watched Law & Order with the new guy. I approve. I was curious if they could do Law & Order without Jerry Orbach, but yes, I think they can. Dennis Farina seems very New Yawk, but uniquely his own character, too. After that I started reading Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. I'm only on Chapter 4, and I can see it's going to take me awhile to finish, but I'm having a great time. It's very Dickens, and I love Dickens. Next up is the new episode of Rescue Me.

I abandoned my high plotting ideals and just started writing today, and yes, progress was made. Somewhere in between planning and blood-letting is where I fit in. Writing is not algebra. There are often many different ways to approach it, and everyone has to find their own path, and their own way of clearing that path as they trudge forward.

In books news, ebay is not closing down their used books site, half.com. I think this is great news. There are not many used book stores in the tri-state area, or at least not in my neck of the woods, so I've been using half.com quite a bit to both trim down my book shelves to a manageable level and also to buy books that I want to try, but am not willing to pay full price for.

In breaking celebrity-author news, Madonna has gotten married!!! Oh, wait, sorry, Madonna is in Israel! It's Madonna's Mini-Me that got married… Oh, wait, she didn't?? (All who care, please stand up).

And in other celebrity-author news, Paris Hilton has 150,000 copies of her book in print. It's #53 on Amazon, and Dr. Phil's Relationship Rescue is #49. On the NY Times list, Paris' book is #7, right below Bushworld, and above Between a Rock and A Hard Place. My closing link is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home