Friday, September 01, 2006

Back from Vacation

Just put another book in the DONE column, and I have to tell y'all, I love this book. It's the second of my Blaze trilogy, called Beyond Daring. It's fascinating to me that some books just flow like a river out of me and some are like pulling teeth. However, I've also discovered that there doesn't seem to be a coorelation between what readers think is a great book and when I think a book is easy to write. So, yeah, the one that readers love might be the root canal book. I'm going to be very curious to see how this one does.

I've done some vacation reading, too, and have a couple of really great books to report. I've just discovered Lori Landeland's Moon books, and have really enjoyed the mystery/romance aspect of them. Their werewolf books, but she does it well, in the old Laurell K. Hamilton way (as opposed to the new LKH way, which I don't enjoy as much). I accidentally started out reading Book 3 (Dark Moon), but out of the three I've read, I liked this one the best, and as a bonus, you're not too far out of it if you read them out of order.

Pet Peeve: When they don't properly indicate the ORDER of a series, and since every book that's on the shelves these days is part of a series, it's a real nit with me. I mean, how hard is it to list the books in order? Sorry, off my nit now...

I just read the new Nora. A funny story about how I got the book, went to my local Barnes & Noble on Tuesday the 22nd, and looked under the new releases, looked under Nora in Romance, and found nothing that looked new, other than her hardcover release last month. So I went to the desk and asked the guy, isn't there a new Nora book out today.
"Let me look it up."
Okay, my jaw dropped here. I mean, come on. She's sold more books than anybody else but God. Then he looked up in the online catalog. HUGE mistake. Have you ever looked up Nora in the online catalog? Theres's a million entries. I told the guy, "Don't worry about it." However, he was stubborn and was now determined to figure it out.

Lesson learned. Always know the title of Nora's upcoming books. Of course, the book came out the FOLLOWING Tuesday. Sigh. My life.

I enjoyed the book, but I can already tell that the third book will be my favorite, just because I think that couple is the best. Will read them all and judge.

I always finished Julia London's Highlander in Love (again with the third book in the series). I thought it was great and have the other two on my nightstand, waiting to be read (this time in order).

I think that's all for now! Happy Holidays, and stay dry.

Kathleen

4 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Do you know if your first book is out in Oz, yet? And whether it's coming out as a Blaze or a Temptation?

My much-awaited book at the moment is JR Ward's latest release. I'm buying it - and your other books, too, by the way - from Rendezvous. I'm actually timing a business trip so I can get them within a week of JRW's new book coming out.

Totally agree with you on numbering books in a series. Some seem to go out of their way NOT to tell you. I sometimes have to check the copyright pages to put them in order.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Hey, Kat,

The first book isn't out anywhere yet. It's January 2007 in the US as a Blaze. It seems like the Oz releases follow fairly closely behind.

I have Dark Lover and really liked it. Liked the world she created. I haven't read the others though. I think I need more vacations :)

1:20 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Have you read Nalini Singh's Slave to Sensation. I just finished it last night and the hero is....yummmmm! ;-)

12:16 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Kat,

Another name to put on my TBR list.... I've got the third Blaze due like now, so the only heroes I'm worried about now are my own :) However, I do get a little break after this book is turned in, so I'm looking forward to some more reading.

Thanks for the rec.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home