Thursday, January 13, 2005

A Cover By Any Other Name

An exciting, yet reordering event just occurred. My cover has been changed a bit. The fiction buyer at Barnes and Noble said that if Pocket changed the cover so that the title was more readable, she would triple the initial buy. And was there hesitation on Pocket or my part to change the cover? Heck, no. Do I look stupid? (don't say yes).

And so, I have a slightly modified cover. I have to say that even though the previous version was very fun, the new version is very classy. I think that's the font from Fortune magazine, doesn't it look like to you? Anyway, the cover's been changed. A few minor tweaks left, and then I'll get adjusted to looking at that one before some other big-wig decides to alter it in some way.



In other news, I'm working on adding a couple of articles to my articles page. Hopefully they'll be up next week. I've finally revised the interview with Lauren McKenna (yes, after five years, it seemed the right thing to do), and I've been working on an article about Book Buzz.

I've been working on my psychic book, which is now getting very fun. Although my main character's name is Allison, and I think I should change it. The new TV show medium has a main character named Allison, modeled after the real-life medium named Allison. When I thought of Allison, I wanted an everyday, girl next door, yet slightly frumpy name. Allison seemed to fit. If anyone has any suggestions for everyday, girl next door, yet slightly frumpy names, please send them my way. I've decided that three women named Allison who can talk to dead people are really two too many.

Lastly, we're almost done with Election Season. We've had the Afghan election, the American election, the Palestinian Election (who knew?) and now we're all waiting with IED bated-breath for the Iraq Election. And then, on February 1st, all the world as we know it will immediate take a collective sigh and start cherry-picking the candidates for the NEXT elections. Yippee! Anyway, a friend of ours from Texas has given my family four tickets to the Inauguration (American, not Palestinian), and I think we're going to go. I've never seen a real-life Inauguration (American, or any other country) before, so it will be a Capitol experience. I'll report back with all the deets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home