Friday, October 14, 2005

THE END

Just turned in my short story for HELL WITH THE LADIES, and was very happy for two reasons a) getting a deadline crossed off is always a nice feeling and b) I love happy endings. I was scouring the news sources for funny things to write about, but there is nothing funny in the world. Iraq is about to vote, problems with the Chechens AGAIN, Yanks are NOT in the playoffs, consumer prices rose in September, there is a BLOND James Bond, there's been 6 inches of rain in the last 48 hours up here, and Apple has release a new video iPod. Okay, now that one I wonder about. A 2.5 inch screen. And people are talking about watching TV on their cell phones as well. I have one question. Why? I'm dating myself, but one of the lines I remember is from the TV show Rhoda, and she's talking about her tiny TV screen. She's watching Tora, Tora, Tora, but it comes out Tora, Tora, Tor. Let's think about all the things that won't fit on 2.5 inches. Mick Jagger's mouth. Angelie Jolie's chest. Jay Leno's chin. Any basketball game. Torso's only. William Shatner's head. The Olson twins? They would fit.

But I have to say that technology is getting sexy again. I'm such a gadget geek, but it seems like the past ten years have been dull. But now, HDTV is cool, the iPod nano is cool, TIVO is cool. Anyway, just a few idle musings, because the world is damp, dreary, place today (except that I finished my story, which makes the sun shine in my mind).

If you know of anything funny, please comment, the world could use the laugh.

Happy Friday to all....

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Anna,

Mycathatesyou is a hoot!!! And I've bookmarked the flattery site for the days when I'm not feeling the love. The onion was rather bland, today (usually it's much funnier, IMHO).

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Love to start my thursday's with a smile. :)
And my word verification for this post is omooy. Tell me where they get these words from????

9:11 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Actually, I'm familiar with despair.com. In Looking For Mr. Goodbunny (July, '06), the heroine is a mediocre life coach, so I researched tons and tons of motivational quote sites and I stumbled across that one some day. Anybody that gets a kick out of that site, will enjoy Goodbunny. Promise. :)

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home