Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Watching the Daily show

What is up with Lewis Black's hair? My grandmother had that look, too, usually every Friday after a trip to the beauty shop. He's talking about Darwinism. The hair is destined for extinction.

Stephen Colbert is my hero.

Oh, scary day. A Panel on Evolution. Dr. Larson is pro-evoluation, the token scientist in the crowd. Dr. Dembski is the token Baptist, an IDer (intelligent design). He went to Baptist Seminary, but I swear there was a programmer on my cube row at IBM who looked just like him..... Dr. Crystal is the token woo-woo. Dr. Larson looks like he needs a drink. Stewart asks hard-hitting question to Dr. Dembski. "Why a scrotum?" Dembski (dodging the hanging curveball): Intelligent design is not committed to every aspect of design." I'm waiting for Stewart to pull out the "kabuki dance" soundbite. For those of you who don't watch C-SPAN, the "kabuki dance" is an elaborate Japanese drama with masks, referenced today during today's Senate Supreme Court Hearings. By the Honorable Senator from Delaware, Joe Biden.

On that note, I bid all a soft goodnight, and don't let the kabuki's bite.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Anna, you don't have TV? I'm curious why. I had a friend who didn't have a TV because she said if she had a TV, she'd never do anything else, so she didn't have one. Some day I'm going to use a character like that, because I think it's fascinating. A choice between societal acceptance vs. self-control (or lack thereof).

Anyway, I think I'll check out the America: The Calendar, but hopefully they'll do one in 2006. We have tickets to the show in October and I'm very excited. Will report back after the show.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Anna,

Read your blog. Very cool and I understand your choice. I think I'm a middle of the roader. I think TV is a time-hog, but I also try and limit the number of things I'm allowed to get sucked into it.

There's a line on Rescue Me, "when I was growing up, we only had four TV channels." That always cracks me up because it's so very true.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home