Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Beginnings

I love to write beginnings. It's a blank canvas, a new world, it's a star-studded party where you get all the best lines, and meet all the hunkiest men. Can you tell I'm starting a new story? (Actually, it's two at the moment).

And speaking of star-studded parties, there's an opening on the guest list at the US Supreme Court. I like following the poltical process, but the Supremes bore me. They come down from the mountain of the US Supreme Court, and issue their verdicts on big stone tablets. (Note here, I didn't like Charlton Heston in the Ten Commandments, either. Yul Brenner was the one that fascinated me.) What is interesting is that the number one candidate for the opening is Alberto Gonzalez, a good ole boy from Texas. Now here's a guy who has pissed off everybody on BOTH sides of the fence. That alone scores brownie points with me. It'll be interesting to watch the process. Another point to ponder, O'Connor announced her resignation when the Daily Show is in reruns for the holidays. Coincidence? I think not.

I'll have some news shortly. Fun news.... Stay tuned....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home