Friday, August 13, 2004

Ch-ch-ch-changes.....

There are those in the world that thrive on changes. I am not one of them. I hate change, I abhor it. I like to have my plans and the follow them accordingly. As a writer, you might think that since writing is a solitary career, you have complete control of your destiny. Bwahahahahahahahahaha….

See, Harlequin is doing a reorg. That five-letter word that wreaks havoc in the heart and minds of men (and women, it's an equal opportunity havoc). All the authors are waiting with bated (baited?) breath to see how the whole thing shakes out. Word to advice to new Harlequin authors – know your senior editor, know the assistant editor, know every editor that might possibly ever touch your line or any other line you might write for. Am I going to lose my editor? Odds are slim, but now buying decisions, scheduling decisions, etc will probably be in the hands of someone new. Realistically, everything will probably be fine, but I can conjure up Really Bad Things in my head.

And then, because it's Friday the 13th, and I'm feeling very Friday the 13thish, I got my revisions for Diva's Guide. They're not awful, not even really scary, but this will be the first time that I truly work with my editor at Pocket (Lauren McKenna, she's very cool) to do serious things. I'll report back in next week when the revisions are done (knock on wood), and make fun of myself for being nervous, but today, on Friday the 13th….

AAAAAGgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!

P.S. Hot hunky guy below:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home